Have you ever considered having an estate event with us but you aren’t sure what to expect?
We’ve put together a list of things to keep in mind when planning an estate wedding with Estate Weddings and Events!
Some of the pros:
- You get the intimacy and privacy of having a garden wedding, without worrying about all the prep work and cleanup associated with having it in your own backyard!
- Break away from traditional hotel reception halls and their restrictions, and find a stunning estate of your dreams! (See our previous blog entry on our top 5 reasons to pick an estate vs. hotel.)
- Customize every aspect of your event from your linens to catering and beverage services, without anyone dictating your options to you.
- Ranch properties are a great blank slate to get your creative juices flowing, bring in tenting or dance the evening away under the glow of our market lighting, the possibilities are endless!
- The estate is available to you for a total of 12 hours on your special day, and usually 5 of which are for your event time, but additional hours can always be added on, and customized requests are always welcome.
- Holding both your wedding and reception at the estate will be more convenient for both you and your guests and will give you more time to spend with one another.
- We provide staffing to manage the estate on your wedding day to ensure that everything goes smoothly on the property.
- We provide special events insurance which protects both the homeowners and the clients in case of property damage.
Some of the cons:
- Although music at the majority of our venues must end at 10pm due to noise ordinance laws, that either means you have more time to go out afterward, or spend some quality pre-honeymoon time with your new spouse!
- Expect to pay more for a private estate than you would for a traditional hotel/reception hall venue. You will need to bring in everything including tables and chairs, lighting, dancefloor, to some more unusual rentals like luxury restroom rentals, generators, and build out kitchens for your caterer.
- In case of bad weather, you might have to leave room in the budget to bring in tenting to keep your guests dry and warm for any outdoor weddings.
- We require either valet or shuttle service at our estates, but some estates only have a shuttle option as there is not enough space for all of the guests to park at the venue.
Next week we will have some Frequently Asked Questions answered for you regarding having your event at a private estate.
About the Author
Claire is the Director of Client Relations for Estate Weddings and Events and will often be the first person to greet you and answer any questions you may have about planning your estate event. In her free time, she loves to make succulent arrangements, homebrew craft beers and put her love of crafts to work! You can follow her here Linkedin or Google+.